The Bay Area is expensive.
Healing doesn’t have to be.
After many years of a strong practice in San Francisco, I relocated to Toronto, Canada in 2014. I continue to serve clients in San Francisco and around the globe by Skype, Google Hangouts and phone. Benefits of working with me in this way are:
- You pay less – since my costs are lower, my fees are lower
- Sessions are done from the comfort of your home
- Remote sessions are just as effective as in-person sessions
Clients from across North America and Europe have been benefiting from this work with me for several years. Once the hypnosis begins, your eyes are closed and the only connection between us is through the voice, so hypnotherapy is perfectly suited to be done remotely.
In preparation for the actual sessions, a headset that can be worn comfortably while reclining in a quiet environment is recommended; otherwise, a speaker phone or your laptop/computer speakers are fine.
With your approval, I audio record the hypnosis portion of your session and email it to you as an mp3. Depending on the nature of the session, I usually recommend listening to the recording repeatedly as follow-on homework. The repeated exposure to the hypnotherapy content compounds the benefits and efficacy of the work as new neural pathways are being formed and new ways of thinking are developed.
Fees and Session Length
The fee for the first 2-hour session is $120 USD, and follow-on 90 minute sessions are $100 USD. An initial session aims to bring full realization of your goal where possible. You may book a session or to request a free 15-min consultation call to learn more about how hypnotherapy can help with your goals.
Hypnotherapy is generally not covered by health insurance plans, but you would need to check with your provider.
How to Schedule a Session
You may book a session directly on my Toronto website. You will be guided to my calendar of available times. Once you make your booking online, and email will be sent to you with additional details.
It is good to select an appointment time when you are:
- Well rested (good night’s sleep) and naturally (not from caffeine) high mental energy. If you are not well rested, the mind has more challenge in focusing and a more difficult time accessing positive perspectives.
- Not caffeinated. Avoid coffee two hours before a session. Caffeine activates the nervous system and the mind, which can work against the hypnosis, which requires focused relaxation.
- Less stressed than at other times in your day or week. This makes it easier to relax. For people with a stressful day job during the week, a weekend late morning or afternoon is often an optimal time.
Approach and Philosophy for Sessions
You may have a single issue or a list of multiple issues.
Single Issue Clients
If you are someone who has a single issue that needs healing, we will get to work with the goal of bringing full resolution in your first session. Single issues can include nail biting, quitting smoking, losing weight, anxiety, insomnia, etc..
I will start by talking with you to identify underlying causes for the behavior or experience you are looking to dissolve. Many issues we are addressing in hypnotherapy are a result of an old coping mechanism or protective mechanism, which at one time made sense, but is now outdated and unhelpful. It is often only through hypnosis that we come to an understanding of our experiences and challenges.
While classic hypnosis approaches often go to work immediately at overriding these mechanisms through giving the subconscious positive programming, this is akin to mowing the lawn to eliminate weeds — its only a matter of time before the energy stored in the root will push up new shoots and soon reestablish the presence of the offending behavior or experience.
Identifying and healing the root emotional cause is the more holistic and sustainable approach. This is like pulling up the weed by its roots, eliminating any chance for revival. Once a root has been identified, we move forward in your first session to heal that root, followed by explaining to the subconscious that there is no more reason to continue the now-meaningless pattern. We then wrap up the session with visualizations of success or health in that area of your life extending into the future.
Multiple Issue Clients
If you are someone who has a list of issues that need healing, my first goals with you are to:
- Identify any limiting beliefs around your ability to heal and respond by teaching you about how we can heal with hypnotherapy
- Get you immediate relief by working on the deepest core issue that you are willing to work on. These is typically done by h bringing healing to major painful themes and painful events from your past. Often multiple issues are interrelated and by working at the core issues, other issues disappear.
It’s always interesting to see where the movement occurs after a first session such as this. Some issues are easily healed or shifted, while others can require more focused time and attention in follow-on sessions.
While I generally recommend sessions be spaced 1-2 weeks apart, the timing is ultimately up to you. The content we focus on each time is determined through discussion and agreement.
Here is my outline of steps that I generally take with multiple-issue clients:
- Examine the list of symptoms in want of healing, and tie them to core themes/issues.
- Conduct a general first session addressing all core issues we are aware of at this time.
- Evaluate efficacy of session, through (a) your feedback to me of your subjective experience, and (b) you observing yourself over the days following the session and then sharing with me what symptoms were alleviated, and which symptoms remain.
- Discuss and decide whether additional session work is wanted (up to you based on your urgency in addressing remaining issues) and likely to be helpful (based on the success in changing symptoms as a result of the first session).
- Either conduct an additional focused session, or end course of treatment.
After each session, we would return to Step 3, evaluating success, and then Step 4, determining if further work is wanted and likely to be helpful.