Andrew’s first exposure to hypnosis was at age 16 when stage hypnosis show came to his high school. He was intrigued and was determined to learn more. As a teenager, he devoured his local library’s entire collection of books on hypnosis. Learning that hypnosis could be used therapeutically to help transform people’s lives quickly transformed his curiosity into a drive to learn more and a passion to help others.
After extensive self-study of hypnotherapy and neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) over the next couple of years, he postponed his official training until after receiving bachelor and masters degrees in biochemistry and environmental management, respectively. In 2003, Andrew became a Certified Hypnotherapist through his training at the Hypnotherapy Training Institute, and in 2006 became a Certified Medical Hypnotherapist.
Enhanced through studies in permaculture design (Permaculture Design Certificate 2012), Andrew enjoys working with plants and the earth, and continuing to notice the many overlaps and parallels between emotional and ecological health and healing. In addition to his hypnotherapy training, education as a scientific professional and studies in permaculture, Andrew has studied nutritional counseling, homeopathy, energy work, mediumship, and shamanic healing and continues to learn much from his clients and from his teachers as they present themselves.
Andrew was a co-founder of the Celebrate Life Spiritualist Community and served on its Board of Directors from 2007-2010. He teaches workshops in hypnotherapy and self-hypnosis as well as continuing to see private clients.
Educational, training, and experiential highlights:
- 1997 – Reiki I training, classes in nutritional counseling and homeopathy, International Academy of Natural Health Sciences, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- 1997-98 – Two semesters in Human Nutrition studies, University of Ulster, Coleraine, Northern Ireland
- 1999 – Bachelors of Science in Biochemistry, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
- 2002 – Master of Science in Environmental Management, University of San Francisco, California
- 2003 – Certified Hypnotherapist, Hypnotherapy Training Institute, Corte Madera, California
- 2006 – Certified Medical Hypnotherapist, Hypnosis Motivation Institute, Tarzana, California
- 2006-07 – Mediumship training under Reverend Drew Vogt, San Francisco, California
- 2007- 2010 – Charter board member, fundraiser, workshop leader and teacher for Celebrate Life Spiritualist Community, San Francisco, California
- 2011 – 2-Week Shamanic Healing Intensive, Foundation for Shamanic Studies, Petaluma, California
- 2012 – Permaculture Design Certificate, Urban Permaculture Institute, San Francisco
In 2014, Andrew relocated from San Francisco, California to Toronto, Canada and continues to see clients from the Bay Area and beyond via Skype, Google Hangouts, and phone. He can now be found at TorontoHypnotherapy.ca and his book’s website, HeartBreakTherapy.com.